Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Behind Every Man...

I'm no exception to that phrase.

I know it too.

Today, my wife turns 20 again.  Happy Birthday, dear!

I've got a good woman who does an awful lot.  She's the primary care giver for the kids.  She does laundry and puts it away.  She puts the dishes in the dishwasher and unloads them when they are clean.  She does the girls' hair--something I am very inept at.  She cleans the house.  She takes the kids to school and picks them up either at their school or at the bus stop.  She even teaches Spanish at my son's day school two days a week.

Most of all, she actually puts up with me--a task that isn't exactly the easiest in the world.

She's probably not going to be too happy with me for posting this on her birthday because she is one who doesn't want to be in the spotlight.  She doesn't like any  type of attention.  She's happy to fade into the background and let others get all the focus.  She doesn't even expect me or want me to do much for her on her birthday.  (We gave up exchanging gifts long ago.)

But in spite of this, and in spite of the fact that I might draw a little bit of ire for writing this, I do want everyone to know how special she is.  I want her to know that I see all that she does, and I appreciate it immensely.  I want her to know that she is not taken for granted.

God knew what He was doing when He put the two of us together.  I am truly blessed, and I hope that she is blessed today--even though she doesn't want much attention.  She still deserves some, because she is  a good woman.

No comments: