Thursday, June 12, 2014

Vacation Time

The "Country Preacher" will be heading out on vacation next week.

No sermons will be posted.

No words of "advice".

It's time to allow the mind and heart to rest a little bit while spending some precious time with family members.

I am not one who ascribes to the "work hard / play hard philosophy.  I will not be playing hard.  Instead, I will simply be playing.  It's much more fun that way.  I see no reason to come back from vacation more tired than when I left.  Some people do.

There is a reason these things are called a break.  Our bodies.  Our minds.  Our hearts need a break from working.

The LORD created in six days and rested on the seventh.  If God needed rest, so do we for we are must less than God.

May those of you who are fortunate enough to get a time to break, truly break.  May your hearts and minds and bodies be restored that you may find yourself at peace--even if it is for a short time.

Until a week from now!!!

No comments: