Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Damn Snake!

One of my members caught me at a funeral service on Monday and apologized for not attending Easter morning services.

I am familiar with all sorts of excuses for not attending worship.  I've heard dang near all of them--and a few extras to boot, but this one...this one was new to me.

The woman had gone out to feed her cow Easter Sunday morning.  She went into the shed and opened the door.  And what should happen whens she opened the door?

A two foot long chicken snake fell right down on her!  (You can't make this stuff up!)

It shook her up tremendously.  Having a bit of a phobia of snakes, I understood completely.  She fearfully went back inside to recuperate.

My reply to her:

Well, it isn't the first time a damn snake messed things up!

(Genesis 3)

No comments: