Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Free Book Today

My Kindle Book is free for the next several days.

What Is God Calling You to Do and Be?

An excerpt:

...are we really open to God’s will? Do we really and truly mean it when we pray the Lord’s Prayer and say, "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."?

Before you say, "Oh, yes. I’m open to God’s will," let me pose a question or two to you. What if, in the midst of prayer, God spoke to you and said, "I need you to sell your home here, leave your job, and go to Iraq to work among the people there to build their country." Would you go? What if God said, "I need you to quit your job, attend seminary, and work in downtown New York City ministering to the homeless." Could you do it? If you were truly open to God’s will, you would.

Now, some of you might think really hard about putting this little book down right now. You might believe that I am trying to use a little thing called guilt to make you truly consider God’s will and truly be open. Nothing is farther from the truth. The fact of the matter is that throughout history, particularly through the biblical witness, folks generally rebelled against God’s will. It’s quite amazing that God accomplished anything through people because the first response from many is, "No. I don’t want to do that." Don’t believe me? Let’s take a little walk through some Bible stories and let’s see if what I say is true.

Biblical animosity

Let’s start with one of the great pillars of the faith: Moses. His story can be found in the book of Exodus.

No comments: