Monday, April 2, 2012

Some Mind Blowing Stuff

To further the commentary on quantum mechanics and faith:

Recently, I watched a documentary titled "What the Bleep Do We Know?"  Part of the documentary dealt with how atoms dealt with one another.

They used an example of a basketball bouncing on concrete.  They shared the fact that the atoms of the basketball never actually touch the atoms of the concrete.  The atoms actually repel one another.  Therefore, the ball never actually touches the concrete.  (Weird, but true.)

A quantum physicist was then interviewed who blatantly said, "(This means) If we believed with every fiber of our being that we could walk on water, we could."

Actually, I was pretty dumbstruck by this comment. 

"Really?" I thought.

Needing further confirmation, I inquired of this comment with my church member.  "Yep!" he assured me. 

Reminds me of another who talked about having faith enough to move mountains who was reported to have walked on water.  According to quantum theory--such a thing is actually possible.

(So much for those who want to "demythologize" the Bible.)

No comments: