Sunday, May 22, 2011

On the End of the World

I don't know what's worse.

Christian ministers who proclaim that they have figured out when the end of the world will occur and Jesus will return...

or...

Those who actually give credence, and air time, and newspaper articles, and blog posts to and about said ministers (your's truly included.)

I mean, every single one of those who have made such claims has one common thing: they've failed.

You would think they would begin to learn their lesson.

"No one knows the day or the time or the hour." 

Someone once said that.  Look it up.  Those who know their Bibles probably know who.

As I told my congregation this morning, "When it comes to figuring out the end of the world, I will give you Pastor Haug's prediction.  It is 100% fool-proof.  I guarantee it.  You can write this down.  Jesus will return when He is good and ready.

Period.

No comments: